Monday, August 4, 2014
Smooth start
I'm not having success uploading pictures. We don't really have many pictures from these first three days anyway. We played at the park all afternoon today waiting for Arve to get off early, but I finally dragged the hungry kids home at 7. Erik's flip flops slowed him down and made the short walk quite tedious. So I was fully worn down and gave in when they asked for ice cream for dinner. It's vacation, right?!
We met with Shell's relocation specialist today and signed papers for my immigration. The kids and Arve are accepted since they are Norwegian citizens which is part of the passport agreement countries. Then she came with us to set up our bank account and gave us pointers about where to find things around the city like toy stores for Sarah's birthday next Sunday, which grocery stores are cheaper, and where the indoor playgrounds are when winter comes. She was very informative, and I was glad to see her pull out a map and show me exactly how to get to places, which tram to take and waited while I wrote notes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.