Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Halloween

 
 
 
Pirate, Bride and Princess
Erik picked up on the "princess pose" a little too well, haha.
 


Arrrgh, matey.

Anna was twirling in the yard so I thought I'd include a picture of how well the Satsuma tree is doing this year. 

Dale Earnhardt, Jr. 
I have no idea where this hand-me-down costume came from, but it's cute!


Erik found a friend :) And he was a fireman for the actual trick-or-treating.
More wardrobe changes than the girls, haha. 
Actually, it's the easiest costume because he only wore the jacket.


We only went to the houses on our street, and the girls put the candy they didn't like back in the give-away bowl. 
So they ended up with only a few they really liked and finished it in a few days.  
I'm happy that Halloween doesn't last forever :) 

We haven't gone outside to meet Arve on his way home from work in a long time. 
Anna hugged Arve and said she was a "marrying girl" and she was going to marry him. 

They chose a different costume for Circus Day at school. 
Erik refused all clothing that morning.  I had to distract him with the thought of trick-or-treating to put on this Angry bird shirt and shorts. 
 It's so appropriate on him, haha.

You can see that this jump isn't going to end well. 


And he's wearing sweatpants which were soaking up the cold, muddy water. 
He doesn't have waterproof pants like the girls' purple ones.   
Thankfully, he didn't like being drenched and cold and was ready for a warm bath. 

The girls have been choosing the menu one night a week for about a year now. 
Just a few weeks ago, they started helping to make their meal, and this week they both made the whole thing themselves! 
Sarah made spinach quiche(pre-made crust) and Anna made burgers with pasta and cheese. 
It was actually bison burgers because the store was out of ground beef. 
Anna poured too many oats in the burger mix, but that was the only thing I had to fix.

I love that I don't have to form the patties :)

Our first homemade pizza, "Smiley", that everyone helped with.   
 



Erik picked out a car when he was sick a while back. 
Arve said he has good taste, and I think Bestemor would agree!


video: Sarah started taking a Norwegian class online and it's fun for all of them.
Anna and Erik will breeze through when it's their turn to start norskskolen :)



video: Anna says Thank you for her beautiful presents!
I'm having trouble posting these two videos.  I'll check back later. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.